Building and Zoning Permits

A Zoning Permit is required before a building, fence, or above-ground swimming pool is constructed on your property. Applications are available at the City Offices.

Business Registration Requirements

A Building Permit is required for:

  • All commercial, industrial and residential buildings
  • A detached accessory building greater than 200 square feet
  • A residential deck that is any of the following:​ attached to the house, more than 30 inches above grade, or More than 200 square feet in area

Building, Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing Permits can be obtained at:

Clinton County Building Department

Downtown Master Plan