When a resident is going to be gone for a period of time, they may call the St. Johns Police Department to have their property checked.

Officers perform property checks and if there is a problem, the officer would call the contact person specified by the property owner. The property owner would also be asked for information regarding timers in the house, vehicles left in the garage/driveway, etc. and if anyone else is checking on the house for them.